The world of employment law is continually evolving and changing – but aren’t we all?

January 18, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Posted in ADA, discrimination, Employee, Employer, Employment Law, FLSA, harassment, I9, Immigration, Legal, New employment laws/amendments, retaliation, Unemployment, union, wage & hour, Workers' Compensation | Leave a comment
Tags: , , , ,

COBRA Subsidy Update:  On Dec. 19, 2009, President Barack Obama signed into law an extension of the original COBRA subsidy enacted in February 2009. Under the new extension, individuals are eligible for the subsidy if the involuntary termination occurred during the period that began Sept. 1, 2008 and ends on Feb. 28, 2010 (the loss of coverage does not have to occur by that date). Eligible individuals pay only 35 percent of their COBRA premiums (the employer must pay the rest) but the remaining 65 percent is reimbursed to the coverage provider – usually the employer – through a tax credit.

The U.S. Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) recently posted updated materials at to help employers, employees and benefits plan administrators to understand the eligibility requirements of the recent extension.

The above is not legal advice nor is this posting the creation of an attorney client relationship between the Sensenig Law Firm and the reader.


Create a free website or blog at
Entries and comments feeds.